Google is the world’s most-visited website with more than 92% of the search engine market share. Google is therefore our go-to platform for search and making vital decisions before buying a product or service.
The easiest and fastest way to get a piece of that market is to have your very own Google My Business profile – to attract new customers or to make your business stand out from your competitors.
What is Google My Business (GMB)
Google My Business is a free service offered by Google to help promote your business online. Through GMB, your business can update its profile with relevant business information and photos, collect, monitor and reply to customer reviews; and manage how customers view and connect with you online. This handy marketing tool allows customers to find your location on Google Maps, make reservations or make a call to enquire about your products and services.
It is important to note that the Google My Business profile is only available to businesses with a physical location or a business that provides services by meeting with clients in other locations, such as consultants.
Why you need a GMB profile
1. GMB is free and allows your business to maximise its chances of being listed higher in local organic searches and getting positive reviews
2. Your business information will increase your visibility across Google services such as Google Search, Google Maps and Google Shopping. The more visible you are on Google, the easier it is for customers to find you
3. It helps you keep your customers informed. By adding contact details such as a phone number, address, website, and social media, you increase the chances of customers reaching out to you
4. You can easily reply to customers by using the message button on your GMB profile. This way you can keep the conversation with your customers going and instil trust in your brand
5. GMB images capture attention and set expectations of what customers can expect from you. Great photos include employees, local surroundings, your CEO and awards or testimonials
6. GMB improves your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). For best results update your profile with your:
service area details
7. There is more to GMB than just getting noticed. Your GMB profile gives you valuable customer insights to use and improve your business. For example:
How many views your listing had
Summary of people following you including age, gender and location
How and where your customers find you
Actions customers take on your listings
Interactions customers have made with your profile – queries, reviews, messages
Clicks on your website link
If you’re looking for an effective way to promote your products and services online, Google My Business is a free tool to improve your online presence, drive traffic to your website and connect with your customers.
For more information on how we can help you with your marketing strategy, content delivery or lead generation please get in touch by calling 01962 862760 or emailing email@example.com.